It has been a while since I’ve posted any updates on our mission start. At my last report I stated that we are now considered a satellite of our home congregation, The Lutheran Church of Our Savior. I also shared that we are waiting for the results of our marketing survey. Pending reports look promising for a preschool in Eastern Broken Arrow, and we will have the finalized report in our hands in a couple of weeks. I can’t wait.
In the meantime I wanted to let you know about some important happenings at Ablaze.
1. New Time — Pastor’s Bible Study on marriage still meets at 6:00 pm and worship now begins at 6:30 pm.
2. New Staff — Ablaze church is happy to announce the addition of a paid nursery worker. Rene is our nursery director at OSL and has happily accepted the position of caring for our little ones at Ablaze. Please note that Our Savior does background checks on all people who work with our young children and youth.
3. New programs for the kids. — with so many youth now in attendance (20-30) we found the need to split them out into new age groups.
- Tina (our keyboardist) is teaching grade school.
- Erick is teaching middle school.
- And my husband Jeff as well as our senior high youth leader, Jennifer, will be teaching the high school classes. High school will be studying Foundations: 11 Core Truths to Build Your Life on by Tom Holladay and Kay Warren.
4. New Member’s Classes : Pastor Dreier is teaching his Christianity 101 class on Thursday evenings. You can call the OSL church office for more information.
That’s it for now. I’ll post again when I have more information to share regarding our preschool, the search for a full time ordained pastor, and a new location.
This blog is written by Deana O’Hara, http://www.deanohara.com, no portion of it may be copied without my express written permission.